Charging the Battery Pack
Charge the battery pack immediately after purchase and when the remaining battery power is low.
The battery pack is not charged at the time of purchase.
Attach the battery pack.
Align the top of the battery with the mark on this unit, and slide in until the battery clicks into place.
Connect the AC adapter to the DC connector.
Plug in the power.
The charging lamp blinks when charging is in progress.
It goes out when charging is finished.
- If you use any other battery packs besides JVC battery packs, safety and performance cannot be guaranteed.
- Charging time: Approx. 1 h 50 m (using supplied battery pack)
The charging time is when the unit is used at 25°C (77°F). If the battery pack is charged outside the room temperature range of 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F), charging may take a longer time or it may not start.
The recordable and playable time may also be shortened under some usage conditions such as at low temperature.
- If you use any other AC adapters besides the supplied AC adapter, malfunctions may occur.
- You can record or play back videos while the AC adapter is connected. (Battery charging cannot be performed during recording or playback.)
Remove the battery when the unit is to be used for a long time. Performance of the battery may drop if it is left attached to the unit.
Be sure to use JVC battery packs.
Be sure to use the supplied AC adapter.
- When using the battery in a low temperature environment (10°C (50°F) or below), the operating time may be shortened, or it may not function properly. When using this unit outdoors in the winter weather, warm the battery, such as by placing it in the pocket, before attaching it.
(Keep away from direct contact with a warm pack.)
- Do not expose the battery to excessive heat, such as direct sunlight or fire.
- After removing the battery, store it in a dry place between 15°C to 25°C (59°F to 77°F).
- Keep a 30 % battery level ( ) if the battery pack is not to be used for a long period of time. In addition, fully charge and then fully discharge the battery pack every 6 months, then continue to store it at a 30 % battery level ( ).
- You can connect this unit to the AC adapter to record for long hours indoors.
(Battery charging begins when the LCD monitor is closed.)
Slide the battery release lever to detach the battery from this unit.
|Battery Pack||Charging Time|
1 h 50 m
2 h 30 m
3 h 30 m
6 h 10 m
When the battery life is reached, the recording time becomes shorter even if the battery pack is fully charged.
(Replace the battery pack with a new one.)
* The charging time is when the unit is used at 25°C (77°F). If the battery pack is charged outside the room temperature range of 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F), charging may take a longer time or it may not start. The recordable and playable time may also be shortened under some usage conditions such as at low temperature.