Recording Automatically by Sensing Movements (AUTO REC)
This function enables the unit to record automatically by sensing the changes in subject's movement (brightness) within the red frame displayed on the LCD monitor. (AUTO REC)
It can be set for both video and still image modes.
Select video or still image mode.
Compose the picture according to the subject.
Adjust the angle of view with the zoom, etc.
Touch to display the menu.
Select “AUTO REC” and touch .
Select “ON” and touch .
Recording starts automatically when the subject within the red frame moves.
A red frame appears 2 seconds after the menu display disappears.
For video recording, recording continues while there are still movements of the subject (changes in brightness) within the red frame. When there are no more movements of the subject (changes in brightness) within the red frame, recording will stop in 5 seconds.
To stop video recording manually, press the START/STOP button. However, as the AUTO REC setting remains at ON even after the video recording is stopped, recording starts again when movements of the subject (changes in brightness) are detected within the red frame. To cancel AUTO REC, set it to “OFF”.
- The only manual recording setting available is “TELE MACRO”.
The rest are all set to “AUTO”.
- Digital zoom, image stabilizer, self-timer, and continuous shooting are not available after AUTO REC is set.
- AUTO REC cannot be used together with TIME-LAPSE RECORDING. When both are set, priority is given to TIME-LAPSE RECORDING.
- IMAGE SIZE cannot be changed after AUTO REC is selected.
Set it before selecting AUTO REC.
- The auto power off and power-saving modes are not available after AUTO REC is set.
- Recording stops when there are no changes for 5 seconds during video recording.
- Recording may not start when the movements of the subject within the red frame are too fast or the changes in brightness are too small.
- Recording may not start when the change in brightness is too small.
- Recording may start due to changes in brightness even if there is no movement of the subject within the red frame.
- The performance of AUTO REC is affected by its sensitivity to the surrounding brightness. The function may not work with certain environments.
- While zooming, recording cannot be started.